History and Background
The Langham, London has been serving Afternoon Tea to the cream of London society since 1865.
* Currently a special offer for 10% off this set on opentable
Some finger sandwiches they currently have to offer:
- London cured smoked salmon with whipped brie and rocket
- Corn-fed chicken with tarragon mustard and plum tomato
- Burford brown free-range egg and mustard cress
- Smoked mountain ham with Comte cheese and white truffle oil
- Cucumber with cream cheese and chives
In terms of reviewing the actual food, it’s good food and you’re treated well, but at the end of the day, you really are being served some sandwiches, some scones and some tea. Is it worth £47? I’m not so sure. There are many amazing afternoon teas you can get around London for a cheaper price (expect for it to be between £20-£30.) Afternoon Tea at The Langham is mostly for the experience, after all, its up there with Fortnum & Mason and places on Park Lane.
Service: Very lovely staff, attentive, but not intrusive. There is 12.5% service charge atop of the menu choices.
Bits and Bobs:
- Suggest you book
- Smart Casual wear is the minimum
- Afternoon tea is available all day, everyday